Monday, June 1, 2009

Care for a cookie?

Ahhh... yes. I am sure everyone is wondering where I have been. Yes, OK Chick, I did make it back from Germany. Probably much to your dismay, ha!

I really don't have much exciting going on, as since I have been back I have been spending countless hours studying. Boo. Seriously. I thought I was done studying when I was done with school. Wrong. I have a professional exam, or rather, a series of them that I am taking. And well, they takes a lot of studying.

BUT.

I wanted to share something absolutely hilarious with you.

This weekend I went to Costco. Which, of course, is an awesome store. I had my handy cart, and was perusing the aisles. Into the beer section to see whats new, and nothing was. Besides, I didn't really need anything. I guess it was more of a 'get-out-the-house-so-I-don't-have-to-study-trip'. In any case.

As I was leaving the 'ol beer and wine section, I enter the lovely delicious treat section. Yes, you know what I am talking about. The section with the delicious breads, delicious cakes, delicious pastries...


(yes, that's an actual picture I took inside Costco)

Alright, so off I was, dreaming about all of these treats... when on my left side I noticed a shopping cart FULL of fresh chocolate chip cookies. Only this one was different. On the floor, was a box of these fresh cookies that had fallen. The cookies were all over the floor.

I walked past, thinking if one would hurt. You know, to eat.

You know you would have thought the EXACT same thing. But, we never act on it. In our kitchen a fallen cookie is fair game. In public, with millions of people watching, on a floor that has been walked on by those same millions of people... eh, not so much.

I continue past, and I see a worker coming to rescue the said cookies with a broom.

They will be safe.

All of a sudden from behind me I hear, "Ooooooooo! FREE COOKIES!!"

Now, if you were to hear that shouted from behind you, you would turn around. So I did.

What did I see?

A lady, maybe late 40's. She was on her hands and knees. She got a handful of cookies and put them in her cart.

As she walked away, she started eating them.

Now, I know people go to Costco for the free samples, but she took it to a whole new level. Honestly though, I don't think I have seen a happier person in a store.

8 comments:

Lailani Ali said...

Floor buffet, aisle 36... Weird.

Fluffycat said...

Haha. It's sad, poignant, and funny, and I'm just glad I wasn't there to be tempted by free floor cookies.

Laundramatic said...

LOL. People and Costco.. I swear..

Ally said...

Wow. Well you know, I can sort of understand...I mean, why let them go to waste? You really didn't eat one?

OK Chick said...

Gross. I guess she was really hungry.
One morning I saw a special on The Today Show, they said that eating food off the floor was unhealthy. I guess the "3 second rule" no longer applies.

TC said...

Wow, that's kinda crazy...

Le Meems said...

LOOK! Sometimes a girl's HUNGRY.
FOR COOKIES.

free cookies.

So step off, I'm doing the hump!

Virginia Belle said...

wait, are you SURE you don't live in georgia?