Thursday, May 7, 2009

Frankfurt, day one

It was an early morning, leaving from Paris. I think we woke up at about 4. My flight was at 7 or so, and we were a good hours train ride to the airport since we were on the opposite side of the city.


Even the baguette-makers were awake


Me to Germany, her to US


Once I arrived at the Frankfurt airport, it took me a while to figure out the train system. I mean, the key? Flughafen = airport



The main train station, where I stayed about 3 blocks from. Easy to get back to the airport the next morning





Lunch #1


Lunch #2. I had to. This guy was a mobile rindswurst/bratwurst station.


It was cold - so I wen tot the mall to walk around and people watch





Then, it started to rain



By that time I was quite pooped, so it was tine to go back to the hotel and sleep. Long day of traveling back to India the following day. End of vacation, back to work :(

11 comments:

The Ambiguous Blob said...

How do you say Flughafen?

Ally said...

So was it a sad parting?

OK Chick said...

I'm happy you had a good vacation.

Gretta James said...

What a fab trip.

Gretta x

Scotty said...

Tabbie - Ummm... your guess is as good as mine :)

Ally - It was :(

OK Chick - Definitely. Now I am ready for another!

Gretta - Agreed :)

jo said...

back to work = boo

i want a vacation too. glad you enjoyed yours.

Laundramatic said...

Those several photos of the building with a steel diagrid... what building is that?

TC said...

Germany has great trains... once you figure out where the heck you are going.

OK Chick said...

You did make it back from Germany, right?

Le Meems said...

Scotty, thanks for voting for me.
YES!

Now, do me a huge favor. I HEART the german mustard in a tube. Bring some back for me, kay? I'm serious.

When you were in India, I ain't never heard no nothing bout no spices.

But mustard?
In an aluminan tube?

purrrtie pwease?

(Have fun!!)

Scotty said...

Jo - You need to take one!

Laundramatic - I am really not sure.. but it's a big mall in Frankfurt :)

TC - If only I had know that before..

OK Chick - Ummm... yes :)

Meems - I would have, but I was already gone! I have actually been back a little while now!